Thursday, February 14, 2013

What did I do today?

It's Thursday morning in Gillette, WY and the snow is blowing like crazy.  I enjoy the snow, I would enjoy it more, in front of a fireplace snuggled up under a blanket with a cup of coffee and a good book. But, alas, no fireplace and I get to go to work.

Going in a little late today because Hwy 59 between Gillette, WY and the MT state line is like a sheet of ice.  Much better to drive it in the daylight, especially going up and down the roller coaster of mountains.  Pretty to look at but no guard rails.  I suppose, guard rails would mar  the beautiful, ranch and wildlife country side view that is Hwy 59. 

It's Valentines day and we have dinner reservations at the Chophouse Gillette WY, so I'm packing a bag with a change of clothes, grabbing a cup of coffee at the City Brew FB Gillette WY and over the Powder River  and through the mountains we go.

The job I am working now is in the middle of an oil field and I have to travel at 5 a.m. and drive approximately 1.5 hours  to Broadus, MT.  Not much to see that time of morning.  But, we are going in at 7 so I am taking full advantage of being able to see the scenery. 

I have a break to share with you what I saw.  Enjoy the pics.
Pretty Ponies

Majestic Mountains

Free Range Cattle
 Even if it's just riding in a car and looking at the sights," there's always something to do."
  Remember to add your email address for on the spot updates whenever I post.  



VAGABONDLADY063 OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

1 comment: